background

Friday, October 23, 2009

We have a rat

Yes, I know we have a lot of animals already, I have already admitted defeat, as far as I am concerened having 2 dogs and 2 bunnies, not to mention all the kids that come and go through this house, is possibly more than I can handle. So why do we now have a rat? Because it has yet to eat the poison we have stuck out for it to eat--yes this is an unwelcome visitor who we hope will come to a nasty devise sooner rather than later.

As I sit here and wonder I am thinking about poor little dirty who came up missing over a month ago--the little kitten we got so it could eat the mice in our carport--well we thought they were mice, turns out they were rats. I now sit and wonder if our new little visitor had anything to do with little Dirty's disapearance because I saw it the other night while it ran from the dinning room into the frontroom and it was most definitely bigger than Dirty was before he came up missing.

I have been debating getting another cat to ensure that we get no more little visitors, it would have to stay outside because of my son's allergies ((I know he is allergic to dogs, and therefore we shouldn't have dogs, discussed that with the doctor and because of the breed of dog it is acceptable so don't judge me)) and so we would have to worry about shots and getting it fixed and all the joys that accompany having those things done to an outside cat--but on the plus side, we might no longer have little visitors that I happen upon in the middle of the night as I try to put dinner away.

Either way, if you were wondering, we have since discovered that Red was attempting to get the rat when he ate the couch, so once the rat has met his nasty dimise we will be getting a new Sofa, so if anybody has any good suggestions please share

No comments:

Post a Comment