background

Monday, February 7, 2011

snow in Texas--and it lasted

yes, that is right--this is a Texas home....with snow
and our texas mailbox....with snow
and the bush by said mailbox....with snow
our solar panel light which needs new batteries but we keep them out to look classy....with snow

Ok, so it hasn't snowed recently, this I realize, but I am a bit behind on my blogging and only recently went to the trouble of hooking up the camera to download pics and to my surprise here were these amazing snowy pictures--when I took then I don't really know, cause unlike in years past it snowed twice this year. And who says miracles don't happen? it was a miracle we survived 2 snow storms in Texas this year. the best part, I believe I took this pic 3 days after the fact, the snow not only fell but it stuck around for 3 days--amazing!!!!

Now, I was raised in a small town in Central Utah, I am accustom to all 4 seasons so snow like this is no big deal--to me--of course to everyone else around me the world is coming to an end--the hole town shuts down. People ;eave church early, doctors offices close up early, all schools shut down (most if the prospect of snow is even mentioned, if any shows up then of course all school, even colleges shut down completely), which means--both my boys are home!!!! I have finally begun to love snow days again. Don't get me wrong though--I still hate the cold which is why I moved to texas, but as long as I can stay wrapped up inside, I don't mind the white stuff so much if it means more time with my boys.

(later changed the date this would post to better represent--per my calendar--one of the snow days we had, even though I am not sure these pictures were taken on that particular snow day since I was sick with the flu still--boy was that a bad snow/ice storm)

No comments:

Post a Comment