background

Saturday, August 8, 2009

My quiet boys

Most of you know this already, but some of you may not, I live with some very quiet sneaky boys, i.e. John, and Dominic. John, is so nice in the mornings that he quietly gets ready for work and sneaks out the door without disturbing me (mommy Meagan does need her sleep) and most mornings I appreciate that, but lately I have been asking him to wake me up, so I can shower while he is home and was also trying to work it out so that I could walk him part way to work to get my some much needed extra exercise, and another reason why I keep asking him to wake me up is my quiet boy number 2.

Dominic, my son, who loves his momma very much, has learned from Daddy's example and he too is very quiet in the mornings and lets me sleep, the only problem is his motive for letting me sleep, and that is he has figured out if my sleep is undesturbed, his ability to do and eat what he wants while I sleep is undesterbed, but ultimately it is when I shower that he seems to be the quietest, because I can always wake up and sneak up on him catching him in the act, but when I shower he knows that when the water shuts off he has to stop doing what he is doing or he will get caught, he has some warning time, I often wonder what I would catch him doing if I left the shower running and stepped out of the bathroom to check on him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate their generousity but I am thinking of investing in my own alarm clock because as you will see in posts to follow, Dominic has gotten a little too adventuring during my short showers (OK, so sometimes I find my 5 minute showers turning into 10 minute soaks in the tub, but serious people, I truly thought Dominic was still sitting watching Handy Manny--I have learned better, though)

No comments:

Post a Comment