background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Adam=father of many

First off, one should note, Adam wasn't named Adam because we liked the name (don't get me wrong, we do love that name) but because we purchased him as a breeding pair with Eve--and we figured since they would be the first parents to actually conceive and deliver babies that Adam and Eve fit, little did we realize Eve not just pregnant when we bought her but would deliver the babies the next day--which only confirmed that we had picked the right names for them

unfortunately this is the first time we have actually tried to take 'real' pictures of Adam--turns out, he is camera shy
don't get him wrong, he is actually a cuddly teddy bear, he just isn't happy that I am taking his picture so he seems to be giving me the stink eye as to tell me 'get that Camera out of my face'
luckily he warmed up a bit. Adam is definitely a wonderful father. with our first litter we hadn't planned on it's sudden arrival and so space was definitely limited and we didn't have much choice as to who would be where we were just happy to have a cage for each rabbit, but since we were able to plan out the 2nd batch a little bit better I made it a point to keep Even in a Cage next to Adam to see how they would do after the babies were born, many a times I would go out to find the two nuzzling each others noses through the cage wires. Often Adam would lay down with his back against eve's cage and she would lay up next to him--I could definitely tell he was concerned about her welfare and wanted to as much emotional support as possible which just tore my heart apart that I couldn't put them together in the cage (out of fear he might get too excited and impregnate her before she was ready for another set of babies).

like I said before, Adam might act all big and bad and tough, but when it comes down to it, he is just a sappy bunny who wants to make sure his mate is taken care of. I have to admit, it astonished me when I caught him nuzzling the nose of one of his 2 week old babies through the cage wire--yep, definitely glad we got such a great daddy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! Of course I know where Fillmore is...I graduated from Manti High School. I'm also assuming you know where that is. My dad had a farm, but we didn't have those kinds of animals on it. My 14-year-old had a bunny but it died on St. Patrick's day. It was about 4 years old. Hope to hear from you again soon.
    Sandy
    www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete