background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big Old Blue=BOB


when I think of BOB I get all warm and fuzzy inside and not just cause I am a hormonal female with nothing better to do than cry, but because Bob is more than just a truck to me, Bob is a member of my family.





sounds kind of silly doesn't it, but the cold hard truth is, Bob has probably been around since before I got married. I can't remember when my dad got bob exactly but I remember switching out car seats in the credit unions parking lot when Dominic was just a baby so my dad could take him for the evening while I went to class. I remember all the times bob helped us haul things. I remember Bob towing all our possessions to the DI just days before we moved to Texas--yes, Bob and I definitely go back a ways, which is why I am so sad to be selling him to the highest bidder, but alas, every good love must come to an end at some point--or so I have been told.
he haven't even had that Texas licence plate for a year now, I don't think he liked it much, to be truthfully honest, I think he longed to return to Utah. I use to tease that the true reason my daddy gave us this wonderful truck was so we could hook a good size U-haul to it when we finally called it good and moved back to Utah, Bob just never ran the same once we officially made him a Texan.
the camper's back window is only missing because one day while we were running some scap metal to the scrap yard I closed it on a door and it shattered into a billion little pieces--we got maybe a $1 for that door--yep, definitely worth it. Luckily I am married to the handiest man in the universe--he put plexi glass in the frame but never re-attached it, we do though have it and can re-attach it upon sale.
0ddly enough I have never driven Bob--I backed him out of our carport once or twice I think but never further than that--so when I first saw this pic I had to ask 'what is that of' only to realize it is the cammand center of the truck on the driver's side--look at all those buttons, Midge definitely didn't have anything like that in her--she had the hand crank windows.
Bob was really handy to have around, not only did he have 6 seatbelts, but his back seat was big enough to fit 3 full size alpha omega type car seats in it--I think that was when I truly fell in love with him. he also have 2 shoulder belts in the back which came in handy for the booster seats. the middle seat in the front folds down to be cup holders and a 'storage compartment' but also folds back up to be a lap belt in the middle--yes, he cam in handy to haul all the youngins
this truck has definitely seen some living--don't know where he got his start but he spent many a years with my dad as a company vehicle when he worked for the credit union in SLC and was taken care of there, we took care of him too, we just parked him for a bit too long when his registration went out, we tried to apologize by getting him some new tires and a lot of other things to pamper him but he never really forgave us.
I know this is old school, but since midge only had radio we so thought this tape player made us high class society...oh and boy does his A/C work!!!!!
big wheels for hauling his big heart--and he is a 4X4 so he can haul a lot more than just a big heart




BOB WE LOVE YOU!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment