background

Saturday, March 5, 2011

a new addition--Tulip


I have to admit--if we didn't have fertility issues I think we would be in a world of hurt. I could definitely see myself as being one of those woman who has a bunch of children all 10 months or so apart from each other--I love kids (even if they do get on my nerves sometimes, but I still think they are angels sent from God). But due to the point that we can't have kids I do the next best thing--I get pets, our newest of which is a baby girl hedge hog named Tulip.

now, don't get me wrong, by no means am I a pet hoarder. Since I have been disabled the last 2 years unable to work and little D is in school full time I find myself with a lot of free time and so I fill it with new responsibilities (seriously, if I could have kids, I would have a billion by now.)

now, to be truly honest, Tulip is little D's. Since we had to get rid of the chickens in January we promised D we would get him a new pet to replace the Red chicken Santa gave him--we already have 2 dogs, a cat and 6 bunnies and due to city ordinances couldn't get any other kind of 'big' animal, so we decided on a small pet, and since we were afraid a guinea pig or hamspter would get mean in our house (little D has a tendency to be too rough and make animals mean) we decided we needed it to be a pet that even he couldn't be mean to and sure enough he loves his little Tulip but isn't about to aggravate he.

the lady we bought her from says she was born around January 20th and we purchased her on March 1st I think, we have definitely grown to love her! Even John enjoys petting her while she sits on his tummy at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment