background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sexing the baby bunnies (3/23/2011)

incase you don't know what I am talking about, don't worry, this does not contain adult content--I am talking about the process in which we try and determine whether the bunnies are girls or boys. Now the bunnies are a day off from being 3 weeks old so the tally may change in the next week or so but so far we believe we have: (drum roll please)


this pic was taken when they were 10 days old, but it is sadly the most recent pic of I have our little red eyed white baby, also known as an albino, we refer to her as snow call--and yes, we think she is a girl
this pic is to show the grey and white bunny who is at the bottom of the doggy pile so you can't really see her--but she is a believed to be a girl as well--yippee, she will probably have similar colors as her father (adam) I will definitely be posting a better picture when I spotlight her later.
now if you want a lovely jellybean but only wanted a boy or a girl--you are in luck, we have 1 of each, unfortunately, that means only one is a boy and one is a girl and so if they go as a pair they would either need to be fixed or kept in separate cages so they don't have inbred babies--but they are still so precious and I know whoever gets them will love them (whether they get them as a set or an individual bunny)

and yes, the twins are also 1 boy and 1 girl so the same goes for them--I just love to sit and stare at their color patterns, I can't tell the 2 of them apart for the life of me (so I made sure to mark which one was the boy in his ear so I could remember)--I will be spotlighting them in the next couple of days as well cause they are just so cuddly.
and Mr Charcoal, last but definitely not least, appeared to be all male tonight. look at that handsome face he has, I just want to kiss him all over, that curious little guy he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment