background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Goodbye my marvelous Midge


first off--we bought Midge for $9,000 back around the
end of May 2006, right before we moved to Texas. We bought her with less than 30,000 miles on her still under the original warranty and even though she had no 'extra's' I had always wanted a YELLOW Saturn VUE so I thought she rocked!!!! Granted, she wasn't given her name Midge till a few years later when BOB (and of course our dog Red) came into the picture--I have never been a fan of 'that 70's show' but my husband use to watch it and there just seemed so many similarities that we figured, why not.

2003 YELLOW Saturn VUE--why oh why did you have to have such a lousy transmission, had it not been for those Stinking VTI transmission we would have kept you for many more years, but alas, after we had the 5th one put in you we knew we had to part ways.
you were so stylish and thanks to your 4 cylinder engine instead of a V6 you got awesome gas mileage


I took the pic of the back seat because years ago Dominic left a sippy cup full of milk on it's side, we didn't notice and because of the heat the milk leaked out of the 'non-leak' sippy cup and was soaked into our back seat, middle of summer and we couldn't go anywhere without the windows down for weeks because of the retched smell of sour milk--I tried everything, we carpet cleaned, we covered the seat in baking soda till it looked like Utah in December--nothing worked to get rid of the smell and we we never made that mistake again--you can still see the stain even after all these years
the seat covers came with the car--I don't know if we were ever able to figure out how to take them off and wash them--I don't think we have ever seen the seats beneath them...
all these pictures were taken at the car dealership after we traded her in, so sorry about the quality, I forgot to take them before hand.
I could go on and on about how that engine guard protected us when John 'ran us into a cement wall' but since he denies it ever happened I guess I won't mention it.....

here is the side step that survived!!!! (read on and you will see why that is important)
see, no 'extras'--not even a CD player, yes it was rough, but somehow we made it (note, both the vehicles we traded in were chuck full of extras, we of course only owned them a couple of years)

I took this pic to point out the missing side step--yep, I took it off when I hit a curb--a rather high curb, while taking our babysitter home one day, the next time I took her home I was rear ended, she never let me drive her home after that. Another funny story about the missing side step is that I took it to the shop before it was removed to ask them how much buying a single side step would cost (turns out they only sell them in pairs--who knew) but shortly after pointing to the tech the damage I did I then asked about the luggage rack ontop, the tech was short and so he stepped up on the broken side step to see the top of our car, when it shifted under his weight he was so scared he jumped off it we all almost died of laughter (probably a 'had to be there moment' but trust me, it was hilarious--the other techs gave him such a hard time about stepping up on the obviously broken sidestep)


yes, I know I shouldn't be taking pics of my liscense plate, but since we already gave her to the dealership I felt like it didn't really matter at that point. notice the broken reflector? I did that backing up into a pole at my insurance agents office--when I hit the pull instantly I realized my son wasn't in his car seat and freaked out thinking I hit him---yeah, he was safely at the babysitters, I on the other hand was lucky no one saw me do it. needless to say this bumper was hit by a a lot of things--but look, the only think that actually broke was the reflector--boy how I love Saturns

well, now not only have I officially said goodbye to the vehicle who helped us move not just once but 3 times (outlasted 4 houses) but also showed everyone why I had no problems giving up driving (I only listed a few 'incidences' that occured in Midge--and that was before the movement disorder)--so goodbye midge, you will be missed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment