background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Gardening time


I have been waiting all year for it to warm up and now that the boys have spring break off together we decided instead of leaving town for a trip we would have a staycation which would give us a chance to get needed stuff done around the house as well as let us explore the amazing town we live in.
today we were able to finish building our raised garden, the dirt was delivered Friday. $100 for 8 yrds (which included the cost of delivery) was not bad at all, and I was certain that I we would have to get more but after mixing it with the bunny poop compost (which we have plenty of) we were able to fill 2 of the 3 beds (we were lacking wood for the 3rd) and still have so much left (dirt and compost) (we later filled all 3 and still had lots of dirt left over)
I am so excited to get the plants and plant them. We also got bird feeders and humming bird feeders to encourage the hummingbirds who will hopefully help pollinate the plants so we get more than 3 tomatoes this year.
on that note--we are so exhausted we are definitely calling it a night early, watching 'The Wild' with my boys with an ice pack on my back (hauling dirt and moving our greenhouse was a bit harder on me than I would have thought).

on that note--we are so exhausted we are definitely calling it a night early, watching 'The Wild' with my boys with an ice pack on my back (hauling dirt and moving our greenhouse was a bit harder on me than I would have thought).
wants to thank Patrick, John, and Dominic for making me one happy momma--you guys ROCK!!!!

will post pics once everything is ready

No comments:

Post a Comment