background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Skiddish

the other day a friend asked me 'how do you tell them all apart' I told her I definitely had to design a flow chart cause as we get more bunnies keeping track of who is related to who might become harder than it currently is, but I guess coming from a LARGE family makes it a little bit easier for me to remember who is related to who--heaven knows I have had lots of practice when it came to real humans so bunnies should be a breeze--unfortunately tonight I realized as I was downloading these pictures that maybe I should get on that flow chart stat

Granted, pictures are a bit harder to tell differences in then when I am out playing with and feeding the bunnies. Like when I saw this black bunny in the picture I thought 'this must be Black Beauty' unfortunately it wasn't until I notice the 2 water feeders in the pen that I realized I was truly mistaken and this is in fact Skiddish.
We have owned Skiddish for 2 years now, we got her from Atwoods to be a friend to our first bunny rabbit (whom we no longer have, she got out of the garden and was chased off by the kids in the neighborhood who didn't know she belonged to us) Skiddish was one of the bunnies that lived in our Bathroom, and as much as I thought that would be an OK place for them to chill till daddy built the hutch boy was I mistake, Dominic would go in every morning and chase those bunnies till they were scared to death, I always got on him for it but he definitely didn't make their lives easy--and for that point Skiddish tends to be a bit stand offish. She loves daddy though and he was always able to calm that poor little heart of hers down, but that is how she got her name Skiddish--cause she is so skittish
now, when we bought skiddish we were told she was a he and we thought that forever, then we finally flippered her over and compared her to our other female, they looked a like, so we assumed she was a she, then about 9 months later some one else flipped her over and told us she was a boy, so we went looking for another female to breed and luckily we found one with a male cause to my suprise the other day I finally flipped her over (now that I know a bit more about figuring out if they are girls or boys) and sure enough she is a she....
a she that has never had babies, ofcourse we discovered she was a she after we stuck her in the cage with a boy so we figured why not see if she can have babies (she has never had babies before but she is still at an acceptable breeding age) and so in 3 more weeks I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment